Sunday, March 24, 2013

Disegno

Before:
(Tyler did not keep the small cartoon of me on top of his structure)



After:
 (Our exhibition with new Italian friends and families!)

After a grueling month of drawing, looking, drawing, erasing/destroying, recomposing, drawing, washing hands, getting dirty again, conté still being found in my ears, we did it! It rained an unfortunate amount which meant I only got one full day to draw on site for my final project, but here she blows! I was offered money while drawing by a man who I think felt embarrassed when I told him I was not a beggar or street artist but rather a student working on a project. An old man also tried to talk to me in Italian and all I could guess at what he was saying was that his house was just around the corner (possibly to draw) and it was maybe his birthday?



And can I just say, how cool is the ceiling of our studio in our new monastery?


No comments:

Post a Comment